Friday, October 11, 2013

The Fungus Among Us


I'm trying a new thing when I walk in the woods these days, to help me slow down and look a little more mindfully at all that crazy beauty around me. At least once a week, I now pick one thing to focus on as I go, and paradoxically, I see a lot more of everything that's out there. It doesn't make for a very brisk walk, but it seems to be working some other kind of muscle, because I always come home feeling really good afterwards.

Two days ago I chose wild mushrooms. Henry has some crazy scheme in the works to start growing our own edible wild mushrooms out in the woods, and I've been instructed not to touch the pack of spores currently sitting on the top shelf of the fridge. I'll keep you posted of course, on how that project pans out.

In the meantime, here are a few (seriously, there were a lot more), of the wild mushrooms of Bruern wood:

























No comments:

Post a Comment